James Need our Academy Director is an experienced golf professional having competed on various tours from 2009 – 2018. Throughout his career he has been lucky enough to work with some tour proven coaches and mentors that have all added to his knowledge of the game and helped him to grow as a coach.
In his early career James worked with 1995 British Amateur Champion Gordon Sherry for a period of just over 5 years. During this time James learnt a lot from Gordon and got to spend some time with the legend Bob Torrance. The following 2 years James spent at college in America studying and greatly enhancing his understanding of the game whilst competing. James then turned professional when he returned home from America and has since worked with a number of European Tour Coaches including Mark Pearson and Liam James, who have both greatly enriched his understanding of the golf swing.
Always having had a fascination in the mental side of the game and what it takes to be an athlete at the highest level, James decided to further his training by gaining an Advanced degree in Hypnosis & Neuro-Linguistic-Programming. Throughout this period James learnt a lot about what makes athletes perform at their best, how to tailor it to everyones individual needs, and how to make improvements as efficiently as possible to achieve fast results.
Combining his knowledge with his obsession to understand the game James now coaches players of all levels and abilities to help them lower their scores and play better golf. Using the very latest in Trackman technology, James can help you to improve all areas of your game. For more information and to book a lesson directly with James call on the Need Golf Centre on 07803 593 893.
Every player is unique so therefore our Coaching Strategy has to be tailored around your individual capabilities and the goals that
you would like to achieve from your lessons. Benefits of your premium Golf Lessons include:
- Expert Golf Instruction from our experienced professionals
- The very latest in Trackman ball flight technology to help you understand and excel your game quicker
- The very best driving range balls available to give accurate data and real life feel
- Outdoor short game area with bunker (coming in spring 2020!)
- Indoor putting studio offering the very best putting lessons year round
- A flexible approach, lessons can be taken indoors or outdoors, on the range, or in the private teaching studios
Not from the area and interested in receiving expert instruction from our Golf Academy? Online lessons are becoming increasingly popular. Please contact us for more information and to book your online lesson.
Struggling to buy for your golf obsessed friends or family members? Why not get them one of our personalised gift vouchers? Available to use for golf lessons or on the driving range? Contact reception today and we can give you your very own personalized gift voucher.
1 hour private lesson = £50
30 min private lesson = £29
Buy 5 x 1 hour private lessons = £225 (£45 per lesson!)
Buy 10 x 1 hour private lessons = £450 (£40 per lesson!)
To book your lesson, call us today on 07803593893
If you would like to reduce the cost of private lessons then why not share a private lesson with a friend or family member? You can do so up to a maximum of 4 people. Benefits include:
- Cut the cost of the lesson up to 25% whilst still receiving all the benefits of a private lesson
- Still receive full access to the very latest in Trackman ball flight technology to help you and your friends excel your game
- Lessons can still be used throughout the facility, indoors in the private teaching studios, outdoors on the practice hole and short game area, or indoors in the putting studio
At Need Golf Centre we pride ourselves on providing quality Ladies Coaching in a relaxed and friendly environment from complete beginners to the advanced player. Our Golf Academy has a very relaxed and friendly atmosphere for ladies to come along and enjoy their golf lessons.
Ladies Group Coaching
If you would like to create your own group session with your friends, whether a beginners or advanced class, you can do so by contacting us or dropping in and arranging at the centre. Group coaching sessions are a great way of learning in a relaxed and friendly environment and reducing the price. Please call or contact us at the centre to arrange.
Shared and group lessons are available to be arranged any time during the day or evening. Please contact the centre to check availability and arrange your shared or group session.
WHAT EQUIPMENT DO I NEED?
The good news is you don’t need to invest in any golf equipment to get started. To get you started we will loan you a FREE GOLF CLUB as part of any shared or group session to help you get a taster for the game before spending money on golf clubs.
Group coaching sessions are available from £10 per person with a minimum of 4 people. At Need Golf Centre we realize that due to our busy and hectic lives pre-paid joining fees and packages are not always suitable so we charge on a roll up basis. There is no pressure, just roll up and have fun.
Cost £10 (golf balls included)
At the Need Golf Centre, we offer the very best Junior Coaching for all age groups to help the next generation of golfers to excel in the game. Private lessons are available at a discounted rate and we will soon be launching our Junior Academy starting in spring 2020!
The benefits of golf for juniors:
- Developing patience and discipline
- Learning to focus and concentrate on the task in hand
- Overcoming challenges and adversity
- Working on your weaknesses
- The importance of work ethic, you get out what you put in
- Handling pressure situations
- The importance of staying calm and having a positive attitude
Benefits of our Junior Coaching includes:
- Expert 1-2-1 Coaching from our Academy Director
- Full access to our facilities and a wealth of knowledge to help your son or daughter excel in all areas of the game, from the technical and playing side, to the mental side of the game and having a good attitude
- Reduced prices for under 18’s, we just love working with younger people and helping them improve
- If you’re unsure whether your son or daughter is serious, no problem, we can offer junior equipment for FREE during the lesson to give them a taster so that you don’t have to commit
- 1 hour private lesson = £40
- 30 min private lesson = £25
- Buy 5 x 1 hour private lessons = £175 (£35 per lesson)
- Buy 10 x 1 hour private lessons = £300 (£30 per lesson)
Need Golf Centre
Main Road, Worleston
Reception – 07803 593 893
Academy Director – 07803 593 893
We're open 7 days a week, 9am to 9pm